The update, Special Operations 2 has been announced by Ubisoft for Ghost Recon: Wildlands which will introduce new PvP and PvE features to the open-world shooter. For those who own the Year 2 pass, the new content will be available from July 24 and for everyone else, the new content will be available from July 31.
Ghost Mode, the first of two major additions to the game is a new PvE experience which is designed to put the player’s skills to the test. The player’s objective is to take down Santa Blanca Cartel but with a twist, activating the permadeath which limits the number of weapons that you can carry at a time, it also makes reloading more realistic, and turns on friendly fire.
Meanwhile, Ghost War is getting two maps and two new classes for the players. Also, features are being added in order to make the matches spectator and tournament friendly. The full feature list is given below.
- Observer Mode: A new spectating feature that can be used to watch and showcase custom PvP matches through a free-roam camera and specific tools.
- New PvP Classes and Maps: Two PvP maps and classes will be introduced along with a highly requested snow-terrain map.
- Ranked Features: They are introducing a new progression bar which will keep track of the Ranked progress, it will also show their position in the current league.
- Celebrating Screen: They have also added a post-match celebration screen where the winning team is showcased.
- Social Items: In order to further personalize a players’ experience, they have added voice lines, victory poses, and emotes.
- New Loadout: The players can only use one handgun and one main weapon.
- Friendly Fire: The actions and shots of the players can cause damage to teammates.
- Permadeath: The players’ game is over if they are not revived when they are down and their progression will also be reset.
- Real Reloading: The remaining bullets will be lost if the players reload with a partially full clip.
- Removal of Teammate: The players will now be able to choose whether to play with the AI bots or go solo for a true solo experience.
- Gear management: The players will be able to switch weapons only by looting enemies or at ammo boxes.
Ghost Recon: Wildlands Year 2 pass included with early access to Special Operations 2 is available for $30. Those who will purchase it will be able to play the Special Operations 2 a week early. Some exclusive customizations are also included as a part of the pass. Everyone else will be able to play the Special Operations 2 from July 31.
Stay tuned for more!