MSI just entered the 240Hz monitor market with its newest addition, the Oculux NXG251R.
The monitor features :
- 24.5″ diagonal and FHD 1920 x 1080 resolution
- NVIDIA G-SYNC smooth, tear-free immersion
- 240 Hz refresh rate for lightning fast image buildup
- 1ms response time ensures streak-free images
- Controllable MysticLight backlight for a cool gaming look
- Height adjustable, tiltable stand design
- Extension USB hub in side, easy to access USB device
- Eye-friendly with anti-flicker and Less Blue Light technology
- Slim, frameless design
- Ideal for multi-monitor set-ups and surround gaming
- The ideal complement to MSI gaming PCs and components
Straight off the bat, the monitor is aimed at the esports market boasting the 240Hz refresh rate with a resolution of 1920x1080p a 1ms response time and also features Nvidia G-Sync.
Like many monitors that are aimed at providing top-notch performance at a relatively lower production cost, this monitor has a TN panel that helps companies produce high performing monitors with a fraction of the cost as compared to ones with IPS or VA panels. The IPS or VA panels are preferred over TN panels because of the better colour reproduction and in professional workspace environments. Since the monitor is aimed at the gamer that prioritises performance over colour reproduction, the TN panel will do just fine.
Although this is an early release MSI is still yet to comment on the availability and pricing of the model. It will be interesting to see how it is priced since there isn’t much competition in the 240Hz category for monitors.
Read More :