OnePlus releases new stable OxygenOS updates about once every 2 months, so we’re right on track for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T to get their next updates. Today, the company started rolling out OxygenOS 9.0.6 for the OnePlus 6 and OxygenOS 9.0.14 for the OnePlus 6T. The last update brought March 2019 security patches while these latest updates bring the May 2019 security patches along with a few other changes.
Speaking of our personal experience, OnePlus on occasions is known to release unstable OS updates which render the phones useless in some cases. So it is a good thing to get a complete stable Oxygen OS from OnePlus most of the time to get your OnePlus device going good.
First, the update brings support for quickly pairing with the Bullets Wireless 2 Bluetooth wireless earbuds. As you can see in our review of the accessory, this allows the devices to pair with the Bullets Wireless 2 by simply tapping on a button in a heads-up notification. Photos taken by the OnePlus 6T’s front-facing camera are said to be improved, but we can’t confirm what exactly has been tweaked. Lastly, there are bug fixes involving ringtones being outdated for contacts, the speed dialler being cleared, and loading credentials for Wi-Fi logins.
Table of Contents
OxygenOS 9.0.6/9.0.14 Changelog for the OnePlus 6/6T
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2019.5
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Support for Quick Pairing of Bullets Wireless 2 added
- Improved stability and compatibility of Bluetooth
- Improved confirm password UI for hidden space
Camera (OnePlus 6T)
- Optimized photo quality from the front camera
- Fixed issue with ringtone for SMS
- Fixed issue with speed dial getting cleared
- Fixed issue loading credentials required WiFi requiring Login
One improvement supposedly comes to the hidden space feature in OnePlus Launcher. The changelog mentions an improvement to the password confirmation UI, though even on the latest OnePlus Launcher update on my OnePlus 7 Pro I can’t find the feature in question.
Download and Install
You can download the incremental OTA files from the two links below. You can sideload these in the built-in system updater, but only if you haven’t rooted your device.
In case you have rooted your OnePlus device, you can still update your Oxygen OS like this.
Update 1: OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T get OxygenOS 9.0.6
OnePlus has announced on its forums that OxygenOS 9.0.6 is rolling out for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.
The 9.0.6 update for the 5 and 5T has pretty much the same changelog as the most recent stable updates for the 6 and 6T, except for a few additional fixes on the latter two devices. Here’s the changelog in question:
OxygenOS 9.0.6 Changelog for the OnePlus 5/5T
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.5
- General bug fixes and system improvement
- Supported Quick Pairing of Bullets Wireless 2
- Fixed issue with automatic answering failing while connected to Bluetooth Headset
If you haven’t yet received the update, you can download the incremental or full OTA files below.